1. About this Policy
1.1 This policy explains when and why SW/S collects personal data, how we use it, how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
1.4 We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk. We will be the data controller of the personal data we hold about you.
2. We are Scottish Women In Sport – an equality charity in the field of sport. Recognised as a Scottish Charity SC44496 – email@example.com
3. What information we collect and why – Name & email address
To maintain contact through our e-newsletter, updating subscribers with news of SW/S activities.
Consent is given through subscription
4. How we protect your personal data – SW/S will ensure that all data held by us is:
- fairly and lawfully processed;
- processed for limited purposes;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- not kept longer than necessary;
- processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights;
- secure; and
- not transferred to countries outside the EEA without adequate protection.
4.1 We won’t transfer your personal data without your consent.
4.2 We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
4.3 We use a recognised secure mailing list provider (MailChimp) to process your information online. More information about their data processing practices can be found at: https://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/management/aboutmailchimp-the-eu-swiss-privacy-shield-and-the-gdpr
4.4 We’ll notify you promptly in the unfortunate event of any breach
5. We don’t share your personal data with any third parties, unless required to do so by law.
6. We’ll hold your personal data for as long as you are a subscriber. We only maintain your information for as long as it is necessary to enable us to comply with any legal obligations we may have.
7. You have rights under GDPR to the following:
(a) to access the personal data we hold about you;
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed;
(c) to have your personal data corrected;
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances;
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed;
(f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
If you have any further queries or complaints regarding data protection, please contact Scottish Women In Sport – firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to take a complaint about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner (https://ico.or.uk/concerns):
0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF